The CityMaxx American Express Card
To make your everyday purchases more rewarding, we bring you the CityMaxx Card – a unique Card linked to your Savings Account that not only gives you up to 2% Cashback all year round but also earns you interest on the money you have already spent!
Earn 1% Cashback* on every single purchase, from shopping, dining, traveling to entertainment, with your CityMaxx Card.
Enjoy 2% Cashback* all year round at the following leading grocery stores across Bangladesh.
American Express SELECTS provides a wide range of special offers from thousands of merchants in Bangladesh and across the world, exclusively for you. Visit www.amexnetwork.com/selects for offers from around the globe in travel, dining, shopping and entertainment.
Earn Interest* on your Bank Account for 15 days on the money you have spent with your CityMaxx Card.
|BOGO||1-For-1 Complimentary Buffet at Dhaka Regency Hotel & Resort|
|1-For-1 Complimentary Buffet at Hotel Sarina|
|1-For-1 Complimentary Buffet at The Way Dhaka|
|1-For-1 Complimentary Buffet at Best Western Plus|
|Savings||10% Savings on cake items at Coopers|
|10% Savings at Red Origin|
|10% Savings at Khazana Mithai|
|10% Savings at SaRa Lifestyle|
*Bank or Partner carries the final authority to amend, change or modify the offers and also to discontinue the offers without prior notice
- 2% cashback offer is only applicable on offline POS transactions for the groceries outlets mentioned above
- The cashback facilities are not applicable for ATM transactions and also for transactions made in fuel stations and MFS wallets
- CityMaxx Card issues against Foreign Currency (FC) Account, Resident Foreign Currency Deposit(RFCD) and Export Retention Quota (ERQ) Account and any such accounts are not eligible for cashback or interest-earning facilities
- The accumulated cashback amount will be credited to your account at the end of each quarter
- Each CityMaxx Cardmember can earn a maximum amount equivalent to BDT 5,000 cashback per quarter
- 15% VAT is applicable on payment of specific services as per the guideline of Bangladesh Bank.
- The additional interest amount earned in your savings account will be credited as per the general guideline of your bank account
- To perform foreign currency transaction, CityMaxx Cardmember will require to endorse his/her passport with CityMaxx card against the Travel Quota limit (maximum USD 12,000 per calendar year*)
- An endorsement can be performed at any City Bank Authorized Dealer (AD) branch, Service Center, or Priority Citygem Service Centers
- CityMaxx Cardmembers need to place e-commerce enable request through calling 16234 or visiting the service center or web portal (positivepay.thecitybank.com/
- CityMaxx Cardmember will be allowed to make online transactions equal to or less than $300 each against a travel quota card for any legal purpose and more than $ 300 each for hotel and education purposes.
- In case of transaction/s with any e-commerce merchant/s whose delivery timeline of products or services is/are after the prepayment by CityMaxx Cardmember (hereinafter referred to as “Prepay E-Commerce Merchant/s”), the CityMaxx Cardmember acknowledges, agrees, and undertakes to resolve and settle all the refund, chargeback, non-delivery, claim, dispute issues (collectively referred to as "Dispute") with the respective Prepay E-Commerce Merchant/s.
- CityMaxx Cardmember acknowledges that We, the Bank shall not be liable for any such Disputes of the CityMaxx Cardmembers with the Prepay E-Commerce Merchant/s and agrees to indemnify us, and keep us, the Bank harmless against all losses, claims, and expenses that we may incur due to any Dispute between CityMaxx Cardmember and Prepay E-Commerce Merchant/s.
- CityMaxx Cardmember acknowledges and agrees that the Bank reserve the right to impose temporary/permanent restrictions on any type of transaction and/or with Prepay E-Commerce Merchant/s.
*CityMaxx Cardmembers will earn cashback at the following rates:
- Regular CityMaxx Cardmembers (without City Savings Delight account): 1% (regular local and international merchants) and 2% (selected local grocery)
- Citygem CityMaxx Cardmembers (without City Savings Delight account): 1% (regular local and international merchants) and 2% (selected local grocery)
- Regular CityMaxx Cardmembers (with City Savings Delight account): 2% (regular local and international merchants) and 4% (selected local grocery). However, if the EOD Balance falls below 100K on any day, customer will receive cashback under 1% and 2% classification for that particular quarter
- Citygem CityMaxx Cardmembers (with City Savings Delight account): 2% (regular local and international merchants) and 4% (selected local grocery) rates will be applicable irrespective of EOD balance rule of Condition#3
|Annual Fee||BDT 600|
|Card Replacement Fee||BDT 400|
|Captured Card Replacement Fee||BDT 300|
|Currency Conversion Markup Fee||3% on transaction amount|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee||City Bank ATM – Free|
|Q-Cash ATM – BDT 10|
|NPSB ATM - BDT 15|
|Foreign ATM – USD 2.75|
|ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||BDT 20,000 (per transaction)|
|BDT 1,00,000 or USD Equivalent (Per Day)|
* 15% VAT will be charged on applicable cases
* Only Currency Conversion Markup Fee fee and ATM withdrawal fee will be applicable for dual currency transactions
American Express is a trademark of American Express. The CityMaxx Card is issued by City Bank pursuant to a license from American Express Website Link: https://www.americanexpress.com.bd/personal/CityMaxx.html